ABOUT THE PROJECT
An eye clinic in southern Kenya had to purchase eye drops for treating their patients and had no clean source of drinking water. The clinic had frequent equipment malfunctions due to the quality of water used in daily operations. In 2014, Moerk Water designed and constructed an easy to use membrane desalination system treating the water from a saline well located on the property. The unit is solar powered and constructed using quality parts and German engineering. The high quality water that is produced from the desalination system is used for drinking water at the clinic, to clean the clinic’s medical equipment and to produce eye drops on site. With cleaner water available, the equipment no longer malfunctions. Technicians from the clinic were trained in how to operate the desalination system and find the unit easy to service and maintain. The eye clinic now treats 25,000 patients a year.
- Eye clinic in southern Kenya had no clean source of drinking water and needed to purchase eye drops for treatment
- Moerk Water designed, constructed and installed a solar powered water treatment system so the eye clinic has source of clean drinking water and can now produce own heavy metal free eye drops on site
- Clinic now treats more than 25,000 patients each year
- Clinic equipment no longer requires frequent maintenance
- Unit is easy to service and maintain by technicians onsite
“All staff of the hospital as well as the patients are very delighted about the great drinking water quality. Thank you very much.” Lighthouse Centre, Kenya